Treaty of Waitangi slide
Compare and Contrast map
Treaty of Waitangi key Personalities
I found that the treaty of Waitangi was signed on the 6th of February 1840.
About 40 chiefs signed the Treaty of Waitangi, it was between New Zealand and the Maori.
The Treaty of Waitangi is an important agreement that was signed by representatives of the British Crown and Māori in 1840. The purpose of the Treaty was to enable the British settlers and the Māori people to live together in New Zealand under a common set of laws or agreements.
Wednesday, 23 November 2016
Wednesday, 2 November 2016
This term we have been learning about Parliament. We have looked at the difference between government and parliament, NZ parliament, who is in government, how our government works and we compared democracy to dictatorship.
Three things that I learned are NZ parliament are:
- Democracy means the leader in a party with the most votes is in control but they still have to answer to their political party and the voters.
- In a dictatorship there’s just one leader who has total control over the party and country.
- The speaker in parliament has the most important job because he has to control all 120 people in the beehive.
Posted by Unknown at 14:39
Friday, 2 September 2016
In Maths we have been learning to use a range of multiplicative strategies when operating with whole numbers.
The strategies we have been learning are:
- Estimate the reasonableness of large problems like 1 788 – 891. Could 497 be right?
- Use multiplication to solve addition and subtraction problems eg.
64 – 48 = as (8 x 8) – (6 x 8) = 2 x 8= 16
- Use doubling / halving, trebling/ thirding and adjusting to solve multiplication problems,
eg. 12 x 50 solved as 4 x 150= 600
- Use an algorithm to solve multiplication problems.
- Solve problems using simple cube numbers .
- Use an algorithm to solve division problems.
- Use standard written form of addition.
Here is a link to my Multiplicative Strategies Assessment which shows that I know why and how I use particular strategies. This doc also has screenshots to show which IXL activities I have completed as part of my learning. Math Assessment
My next step in my Maths Learning is……New Maths goal
Posted by Unknown at 15:10
I can recognize and understand a variety of grammatical constructions and some rhetorical patterns
In this unit I have been learning about:
- The parts of speech.
- The types of nouns.
- The types of sentences.
In this unit, I found challenging finding the difference between all the nouns.
Something new I learnt was all the different nouns.
Posted by Unknown at 14:33
I can apply my knowledge of adverbial clauses and connectives to see how ideas are linked in texts.
For reading I have been learning about adverbial clauses. I have found this learning hard because it was hard to find where the adverbial clauses
In this activity , I had to
Posted by Unknown at 14:32