Monday 27 June 2016

Using a range of multiplicative strategies.


In Maths we have been learning to use a range of multiplicative strategies when operating with whole numbers.




The strategies we have been learning are:


- Estimate the reasonableness of large problems like 1 788 – 891. Could 497 be right?
- Use multiplication to solve addition and subtraction problems eg.
  64 – 48 = as (8 x 8) – (6 x 8) = 2 x 8= 16
- Use doubling / halving, trebling/ thirding and adjusting to solve multiplication problems,
 eg.  12 x 50 solved as 4 x 150= 600
- Use an algorithm to solve multiplication problems.
- Solve problems using simple cube numbers .
- Use an algorithm to solve division problems.


Here is a link to my Multiplicative Strategies Assessment which shows that I know why and how I use particular strategies. This doc also has screenshots to show which IXL activities I have completed as part of my learning.



My next step in my Maths Learning is…… Measurement use side or edge lengths to fined the perimeter and areas of rectangles parallelograms, and triangles and the volume of cuboids.

No comments:

Post a Comment